Walk a Mile In My Shoes

Platforms courtesy of 80%20, Sumi Ink Club tee courtesy of Blood Is The New Black, Coven sweater, vintage skirt, Comme Des Garcons pouch, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses, Triskaidekaphobia buckle ring.

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of running into my friend Ce Ce Chin, designer of one of my favorite New York-based shoe lines, 80%20, at the MoMA x Volkswagen party. The origins of the name came from the idea that women wear their favorite 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time, and the truth is, I really do wear my 80%20 shoes 80% of the time. My bestie Brandon, who is studying shoe design, recently went through my shoes asking why I never wear any of the designer heels collecting dust in my closet. I systematically explained why each pair of designer shoes was uncomfortable or even completely unwearable, as he mentally took notes on design and fit.

If I'm going out for the night, I almost immediately grab my 80%20s, which provide height, style, and most importantly, comfort. I know I can walk a couple miles and then dance the night away in my Giraffe-print wedge creepers, and frankly that kind of behavior would normally destroy a pair of Chanel or Prada shoes (not to mention my feet). I told Ce Ce this and, she was so kind to let me pick out a couple pairs from her summer collection (I happen to be sample size, lucky me!). I immediately grabbed this pair of Ginger wedges, which are a combination of a Birkenstock cork sandal and an espadrille. I wore them out to dinner with parents at Keen's steakhouse, and walked a whole mile to get there. So comfortable, so easy to walk in, I know I'll be wearing these for 80% of the summer.




-Tiffany