Leather Babies: Zana Bayne Fall 2011


Usually only serious Bikers and Leather Daddies will be seen wearing their best leather pieces in the sweltering summer heat. Today though, plenty of Zana Bayne lovers, myself included, strapped on their harnesses of all colors and varieties to show support for her first ever presentation, featuring pieces from her Fall collection. I've been a friend/fan of Zana's for a few years now, and it's been amazing to watch her work progress from the minimal, elegant shoulder strap harnesses to extraordinarily complex concoctions made from dozens of straps, loops and grommets. I'm incredibly impressed by the new styles, which include full breastplates and vests made from intricately woven straps and buckles, and an awesome set of leg harnesses that strap under your boot like spats, before winding up and encasing your legs. My favorite harness is still my own classic tan winged harness, which I ordered from Zana a year ago after hours of deliberation (so many choices!). Nonetheless, when fall rolls around, I'm thinking that one of her new patent leather pieces is a must.





Zana Bayne harness, Gestuz dress, shoes courtesy of 80%20, Collina Strada bag courtesy of Urban Outfitters, Slow and Steady Wins the Race sunglasses, spike earrings courtesy of Joshua Hall, Triskaidekaphobia tooth necklace and bandage cuff. Photos by my gay husband, Brandon.



-Tiffany