Serious Styling at the Manhattan Vintage Trade Show

Amy Van Doran from The Way We Wore wearing a vintage hat that she altered with a plastic lobster.

Three times a year, vintage sellers and lovers alike gather at the The Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show at Metropolitan Pavilion.  The organizers are kind enough to send me press passes to the shows, but unfortunately most vendors won't allow photographs of their precious wares, which designers often buy to replicate for their own collections. So, this year, I grabbed my gay husband to gawk at the inspiring inventory as well as all the incredibly dressed ladies turned out in all of their vintage finery.  I'm seriously surprised that I didn't run into any street style bloggers at the show, as I think the women I saw today were much more creatively dressed than the majority of the label-obsessed ladies swanning for the cameras in front of Lincoln Center.  Here is just a small sampling of my favorite outfits of the day.

If you missed this weekend's show, do not fret. There will be a Manhattan Vintage Holiday Pop-up Sale at Chelsea Market from December 7-10th.  And, if you're a hardcore vintage junkie, Augusta Auctions will be holding their seasonal clothing auction on November 2nd at St. Paul's Auditorium, featuring items from the Brooklyn Museum, and various vintage archives.  They were sweet enough to let me take some photos of some of the pieces that will be at the auction, and you can view the entire catalog online.


Goldie Rush of The Way We Wore. I loved her vintage knit sweater!




A flappers dress, and beaded purses that will be on auction at Augusta Auctions.

A beaded bolero from August Auctions

An authentic Zoot Suit from Augusta Auctions
-Tiffany