Issey Miyake TriBeCa 10th Anniversary


On my last night in New York, I stopped by the Issey Miyake TriBeCa store to celebrate their 10th Anniversary with my two favorite boys (outside of my husband), Brandon and Izzy.  Special Birthday shirts were printed up for the occasion, glittering profiteroles were served, and there was a mini-runway show featuring looks from the Spring 2012 collection.  The bloom-inspired pieces blossomed off the body echoing the shapes of petals.  However, my favorite pieces were the electric colored leggings, that were actually made of different colors of cut-out fabric layered on top of one another.  Of course, a night at Issey wouldn't be complete without some of his signature fragrance, which I managed to spill all over myself before the night was complete.  I wasn't one of the lucky few to win a Bao Bao bag (although Brandon walked away with one), so at least I will have something to remember the night with now that I am far away in Sweden!

-Tiffany