Gareth Pugh x Melissa


A little while back, those of us who wanted to get a hold of a pair of Gareth Pugh shoes without handing over a month's rent had to make our own (which I did).  It's hardly the cheapest alternative or the easiest undertaking, so I was very happy to hear of Pugh's new collaboration with Melissa Shoes. I'm a longtime wearer of the comfortable, inexpensive, recycled plastic shoes, and the company always manage to nab the most forward thinking designers to work with, including Vivienne Westwood and Alexandre Herchcovitch.  The Gareth Pugh capsule collection includes two styles: a two-tone gladiator flat, and a open-toed flat printed with a radiating set of stars.  The gladiators might not be the most practical purchase during the winter months, but I own another pair of Melissa flats and can testify that they are a year-round must have.  The collection is available at Seven, my favorite New York store, which I can thankfully still enjoy from abroad via their webshop.  Now we can all breath a sigh of relief that we will no longer have to go through the trouble of having to make our own pair of Pughs.

-Tiffany