Stephen Jones Design Contest


Now that hats are making a comeback, it might be time to reconsider any repressed aspirations to become a milliner. What? You don't dream of becoming a fabulous hat maker? I'm an insatiable hat fiend, and I've always harbored a deep desire to return to F.I.T. for a millinery class or two. While I was there studying jewelry design, I never got the chance. Between taking practical courses to advance my career, as well as impractical and useless courses that were a complete waste of time but required by the curriculum, I just didn't have the time.

If you've ever felt similarly, now might be the time to take the plunge. Talenthouse, a website that sponsors creative contests, has just launched a new invite for aspiring milliners, with the first prize being an internship with legendary British hat designer Stephen Jones. The contest will be judged by the designer himself and Dolly Jones of Vogue, and if you're interested in submitting your designs you can enter below. If you need some additional inspiration and motivation, here are some examples of his work, as well as some photos from his studio.









-Tiffany