things are looking up

01-17-10
vintage Pendleton shirt, old Donkey Kong tee, Gap jeggings, Rachel Comey boots, Fjallraven backpack

Hi guys, my closet purge is still kicking my ass and I'm super behind on answering emails and photographing things for my shop blog. I *should* be posting around 20+ skirts by tonight if Tumblr stops being stupid about letting me upload images. I've also been busy sorting out my living situation but it looks like I'll be moving to San Francisco at the end of the month after all! I'll be living with some friends in Lower Haight and I'm super excited since I'll be able to see my friend Michelle every day and cook really awesome meals together.

By the way, do you guys like my boots? Sometimes I think it's eerie how lucky I get with clothes that I'd been wanting but I found these Rachel Comey boots at Buffalo Exchange in pristine condition for a fraction of the price (before my shopping ban of course). The best part is that I just happened to end up there because a friend had a gift card and would never have gone in otherwise (although I've been living a few blocks away for the past few years, hmph). To whomever dropped them off: thank you. You saved me over $200 on something I would have eventually bought otherwise! I was having a rough day/week but this made everything so much better.

I mean, I don't want to sound like I'm putting too much of an emphasis on acquiring material possessions but I think I was more affected by how much of a coincidence it was and how ~magical~ it is that these random little things can happen in your life. I remember looking at the shoes thinking from afar, "ohh, those look like those Rachel Comey boots I'd been wanting" and then feeling this strange giddy feeling when I picked them up and saw who made them. I'm not going to get too into explaining myself but for the past month I've felt a little numb about my life and everything around me. Maybe it's just because I feel weird about not being in school anymore but that little "jolt" I felt when I found the shoes reminded me that there's more to life than what you're used to and always expect to happen. It's really hard to explain.

01-17-10
01-17-10
01-17-10